Maximize fun and minimize impact.
The Plumas-Eureka State Park is a scenic and historic treasure that should be enjoyed with the utmost respect and responsibility. For many events, Sustainability is nothing more than a marketing tool. For the Lost Sierra Hoedown, it is intended to be built into the experience. Get familiar with our guidelines on how to prepare for the Lost Sierra Hoedown, and have fun participating in educational opportunities throughout the event.
Let’s all enjoy a weekend of simple, sustainable livin’ at the Johnsville Historic Ski Bowl.
The Lost Sierra Hoedown is a weekend of simple outdoor living, and human-produced music you can dance to: folk, country, bluegrass, and Americana. This hoedown will raise funds and awareness for the re-opening of Johnsville Historic Ski Bowl.
• Simple Livin’ – Park the car, disconnect from technology, stop producing trash.
• Community – Meet your neighbors, dosey doe, make new friends.
• Outdoor Recreation – Ride a bike, swim in Eureka Lake, Hike to Eureka Peak.
• Music – An unforgettable lineup that sounds just right on a historic ski bowl.
• Goal – Support a non-profit, community driven ski hill.